WHEN A CASSEROLE OR A GREETING CARD ISN’T ENOUGH.
Grief is one of life’s toughest challenges. During such times it is difficult to know where to turn. Yet in the midst of your deepest despair, God reveals Himself and His promises for a better tomorrow. The NIV Hope in the Mourning Bible works to bring a peaceful sense—in the midst of the coldest winter - that spring will one day come again. The collection of devotions and prayers warmly offer inspiration and hope based in God’s Word and his promises to those who have lost loved ones. This Bible emphasizes the love and hope that your Lord has for you even during your darkest days.
- Complete text of the NIV, the world’s most popular modern-English Bible
- Daily devotions written for and by those who have experienced the loss of a loved one or who are helping a loved one through extended terminal illness, with many devotions developed by writers for GriefShare, a friendly caring group of people that creates resources for those who are suffering
- A prayer appendix featuring 52 prayers based on the book of Psalms
- Short reflections and song lyrics for meditation
- Resources page containing information for those seeking additional help