Acclaimed performance stortyteller, Bob Hartman offers tips on how to retell Bible stories in an engaging and meaningful way, sharing his vision for storytelling in this useful resource book.
Including 35 stories to practice on, this book offers guidance on:
- The relationships that exist at the centre of Biblical story-telling.
- How story-telling and stories work
- Compelling re-casting of traditional Bible stories, that will grab the audiences attention and inspire the imagination
- The basic mechanics of a story that make it truely shine
- Insights on using trusted story-telling techniques to engage with the listener
- Reading from Scripture in public
This revised and expanded edition of the popular 2002 release, includes new stories, and a licence to photocopy. An essential for any childrens worker or youth leader, this book, from one of the most highly regarded childrens workers in the field will prove a highly valuable resource to a novice or experienced storyteller alike.