Flo The Lyin’ Fly is a story that tells the truth about telling lies.
Written by Max Lucado, a best-selling Christian author, this story is a prequel to Hermie: A Common Caterpillar. Based on the delightful Flo the Lyin' Fly video from Hermie & Friends, this story reminds children to always keep their promises, mean what they say, and tell the truth.
Flo the Lyin' Fly sets out to teach children through incredibly humorous situations the importance of telling the truth, a lesson that parents are eager to teach young ones. Like ‘The Boy Who Cried Wolf’, Flo is always playing tricks, telling lies and making up stories that aren't true.
Her friends discover that they can't trust her, and they refuse to believe what she says, even when there's real trouble. When Flo sees The Water Beetles kidnapped, she hurries for help - but no one believes her, not even Hermie! Only God can help her save the day and win back the trust of her friends.
This story draws from Proverbs 19:5, which states that no one can get away with a lie, Flo the Lyin' Fly uses bright illustrations and fun to tell stories. This book is suitable for young readers and helps them understand the important teaching about being truthful.
Did your kids enjoy this story? They may also enjoy other stories from Hermie & Friends, such as Webster The Scaredy Spider.
About the author
Max Lucado (born 1985) is America’s best-selling inspirational author. He has written almost 100 books and has 130 million copies in print. Of these, several have been on the New York Times Best Seller List. He has also been recognised in both Christian magazines and on TV for his work as a pastor and preacher. He serves as the pastor at Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, Texas.
The Hermie & Friends video series spans 15 episodes, where two caterpillars, Hermie and Wormie, help various other creatures with different problems relating to belief and interpersonal relationships. Episodes included in this series are:
- Hermie: A Common Caterpillar (January 4, 2003)
- Flo the Lyin' Fly (January 15, 2004)
- Webster the Scaredy Spider (September 15, 2004)
- Buzby, the Misbehaving Bee (February 12, 2005)
- A Fruitcake Christmas (October 1, 2005)
- Stanley the Stinkbug Goes to Camp (February 28, 2006)
- To Share or Nut to Share (August 23, 2006)
- Milo: The Mantis Who Wouldn't Pray (February 10, 2007)
- Buzby and the Grumble Bees (September 22, 2007)
- Hailey and Bailey's Silly Fight (January 26, 2008)
- Hermie and the High Seas (March 15, 2008)
- Skeeter and the Mystery of the Lost Mosquito Treasure (January 4, 2009)
- The Flo Show Creates a Buzz (July 9, 2009)
- Antonio Meets His Match (March 30, 2010)
- Who's in Charge Anyway? (May 1, 2010)