HARNESS THE POWER OF YOUR WORDS
Open mouth, insert foot...
At one time or another we have all have experienced saying something in a moment that takes hours (or weeks or a lifetime) to make right. The words we speak have power. And often the consequences of our careless words are far reaching and, the Bible says, eternal.
In his engaging teaching style, Dr Kendall helps you learn how to take control of the words you speak. He brings you straight to the Bible to identify characters who spoke without thinking of examples of how not to do things, demonstrating conclusively through their lives that, even when we fail, God will use us as He used them.
Included Are Familiar Names Like:
- Adam, who blamed God and Eve immediately after his sin in the Garden of Eden
- Jacob, for verbally abusing his own children
- Sarah, who accused Abraham about Hagar and Ishmael
- Elijah, who bragged before God and men that he was the only prophet alive
- Job and Jeremiah, for cursing the day of their birth
- And many more
"I didn't write on this subject because I'm an expert on it - or because I have mastered control of my own tongue. I blush to think of the words I have uttered, the gossip I listened to and help spread, the tings I have said in order to discredit my enemies. I write this beacuse I have made nearly every mistake imaginable in this area and want to encourage others that they can learn to master that unruly tongue and reap eternal reward." - R T Kendall