Assess the effectiveness of your existing work among the youngest members of the church family, and discover ways to improve it. Understand the ways children develop spiritually, physically, socially and emotionally. Consider various settings to provide for under-5s (all-age services, creches, toddler groups, playgroups etc). Explore ways to tell stories and use music, crafts, games and drama. Take seriously the responsibilities of the under-5s worker.
Children's Ministry provides a wide range of resources and training for church-based children's workers, including:
- undated, activity-based, Bible-centred teaching programme
- conferences and training days
- distance learning opportunities
- books of ready-to-use ideas and wisdom from children's ministry practitioners
- children's praise and worship resources
- other supporting resources
About Sue Price:
SUE PRICE is Director of Children's Ministry. An author and a regular speaker at training events for children's workers, she works with children in her local church, Christ Church, Horam. In this book, she draws on her experience of working with under-5s in a variety of church and non-church settings.