The expressive arts are highly appropriate ways to worship God and teach spiritual truth. Here are many examples of how to teach children of all ages to gain the maximum from creative acting and movement, including mime, improvisation and the use of ribbons and flags.
Also included are overviews on the use of dance and drama in Bible times and through Church history.
Children's Ministry provides a wide range of resources and training for church-based children's workers, including:
- undated, activity-based, Bible-centred teaching programme
- conferences and training days
- distance learning opportunities
- books of ready-to-use ideas and wisdom from children's ministry practitioners
- children's praise and worship resources
- other supporting resources
About Ruth Alliston:
Ruth Alliston writes full time for the Children's Ministry Teaching Programme. She is a gifted storyteller and scriptwriter, drawing on her wide-ranging experiences of working with children in church and her own children and grandchildren.