The ESV Prayer Bible helps the reader to reflect on God's Word through prayer. With over four hundred historical prayers linked to specific passages throughout the biblical text, this Bible edition shows God’s people how to pray using Scripture as their guide alongside Augustine, John Calvin, George Whitefield, and other well known Christians from church history.
- Single-column text
- 400+ historical prayers linked to specific passages of Scripture, written by early church fathers, Puritans, Protestant Reformers, and more
- Introductory essay by the author of 'Praying the Bible', professor Donald Whitney explaining how, and why we should pray the Bible
- Book Introductions focusing on prayer which provide insight into how each book of the Bible informs our prayers
- Author index featuring short biographies of the historical contributors and the relevant page numbers for each authors contribuion
- A totally comprehensive index featuring every instance of prayer, and every reference to prayer throughout the entire Bible