Jesus in Capernaum
Jesus made the fishing port of Capernaum his headquarters when he started healing and preaching in the towns and villages of Galilee.
At this frontier town, Jesus called his first disciples, taught in a synagogue, and healed the daughters of the synagogue leader, Jairus.He usually stayed in the home of his friend Simon Peter.Jesus often sailed across the Sea of Galilee from Capernaum in a small boat.
- Why is Jesus standing up in the fishing boat?
- Why are fish spread out on the roof of some houses?
- How many different means of travel can you find?
- What are the people doing in the courtyard of Jairus's house?(look at Luke 8:52,53.)
- How many Roman soldiers can you find?
- Whose is the biggest house in town?
- Why have some men made a whole in a roof? (Look at Mark 2:1-13 to discover the answer)
- What is Jesus saying to the fishermen who are mending their nets?(Read Matthew 4:18-22.)
- Who is Jesus healing in the house with fish on the roof?(Read Matthew 8:14-15 to find out.)
You can read about Jesus' time in Capernaum in the Bible. Look for instance at Matthew 9:9-13; John 6; Luke 5:1-3